Wednesday, November 21, 2007

#8 Make life "really simple" with RSS & a newsreader

Whew it really is tricky to find time to do this between all this hectic work at the moment!

However....... The idea of RSS feeds is certainly an intriguing one. For those people who have no time to spend hours scouring the internet for interesting news it is a godsend. Before this I never realised that some of my most visited sites had a function like that! However I am now all subscribed and can utilise the feature if I wish.

On a side note I found the suggested feed "Unshelved" the library cartoon (http://www.unshelved.com/) quite amusing and have chosen that as one of the things I have subscribed too. For those who know me it will not come as a surprise that many of the feeds I have subscribed to are book related, but then again we all do work in libraries and the same can probably be said for the majority of us!

In a library I think RSS could help staff keep on top of a lot of book news, without having to take time out our busy days to research it, and that is always a positive. :D

No comments: